Five Simple Ways to Help Prevent a Stroke
A stroke happens when a blood clot blocks an artery or a blood vessel breaks and does not allow blood to flow to the brain. There are steps that you can take to avoid a stroke. As always, speak with your doctor, but more important make a life style change that will allow you to have a better quality of life. You should know your blood pressure numbers. If you have, any questions feel free to contact Wellness by Nature.
- Eat a healthy diet: according to the Mayo Clinic eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, at least 5 pieces a day, can drastically reduce the chances of a stroke. The reason for this is because foods rich in fiber prevent high blood cholesterol and this can lower your blood pressure. If possible make some raw vegetable juice.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Exceeding your healthy weight or being obese increases the chances for stroke. High blood pressure, high bad cholesterol, and cardiovascular problems can influence obesity and weight. All of these factors can affect your opportunity for a stroke. If you need help losing weight we can help by developing a tailored program for you.
- Stop smoking as smoking increases the risk for a stroke. This is so because nicotine and a lack of oxygen make blood vessels unhealthy. Also, this causes blood to circulate poorly. Smoking also causes cholesterol deposits on arterial walls.
- Avoid or lessen alcohol use. Alcohol can affect the liver. The liver can not make proteins necessary to stop the bleeding that occurs during a stroke. Moderation is the key when drinking alcohol.
- Exercise and stay active. Exercise is good to maintain a healthy weigh and helps control cholesterol. Besides exercise is an excellent wellness tool. In exercise, your energy level increases and your mental stress decreases. Read Wellness by Nature articles on fitness and start slow!
In conclusion, there are some things that you can do to avoid having a stroke. For example, exercise, eat vegetables and fruits, avoid abusing alcohol and smoking these are some things that you can do. You should know your blood pressure and please ask us any question. We are here to help you! Wellness by Nature provides information which is simple to understand and current. Please let others know about our site.
Good to Know
Talk to me 😀
About the Author
I'm no doctor, but I love sharing from my vast knowledge on the power of foods and techniques that help you vastly improve your life in areas like physical health, sickness prevention, and emotional and spiritual balance. Read more about me...