The Three Must Have Vitamins (and other foods) to Over Come Depression
In the simplest words, Depression is a defined illness that causes a relentless emotion of sadness and lack of interest in normal activities. This disease can affect sleeping patterns and daily routines, such as cooking, taking a shower, and even getting up from bed. In this article Wellness by Nature will share some basic information on alternative methods to deal with this debilitating disease.
- Per CDC depression can affect the outcome of major diseases such as cardiovascular disease, obesity, arthritis and others.
- 1 out of 10 people might be suffering from depression
- Unemployed people, people who lack health insurance as well as females have a tendency to suffer from depression in greater numbers.
- The CDC recommends a collaboration of physicians, mental care providers, and alternative specialist to tailor the treatment of this disease.
- Persistent Sadness
- Crying with no specific reason
- Doubt of self-esteem and power of possibilities
- Lack of sleep or too much sleep
- Lack of appetite or the opposite, such as binging on favorite mood affecting foods to the extreme
- Not able to make decisions
- Doubts and fears
- Withdrawn from social activities
- Suicide thoughts and attempts
- Lower than needed levels of neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin
- Sudden and unexpected life events, such as a serious health issue or loss of a relative
- High levels of stress
- Drugs and alcohol
- Some hereditary factors
Simple Aids to Help Fight Depression
Good Nutrition: the brain needs food to function properly especially Vitamin B.
- B6 is needed to manufacture Serotonin (increase the overall well-being)
- B12 is needed to make acetylcholine (increase ability for learning and the power of memory)
- B (Folic Acid) is needed to make catecholamine, dopamine, norepinephrine, epinephrine (help regulate moods and feelings)
These vitamins can be bought or taken in by juicing raw vegetables as well as to increase consumption of vegetables and beans
- Lentil beans
- Romaine lettuce
Avoid alcohol: alcohol can lift a person’s spirit, but the downfall that follows can trigger depression
Caffeine can be found in
- Some medicines, such as Excedrin and Midol
Some people need a jolt of caffeine. In wellness, it is the body and mind that speak about the right amounts. Personally, I need my daily cup of coffee to wake up and get busy with business. I have a cup of strong tea in the afternoon. However, my body does not like it when I have more than two cups. Again, observe your body and seek to understand it. This is a key point in a wellness program.
Avoid sugar: similar to caffeine, sugar can leave your body feeling tired which can trigger depression due to the lack of energy, and the brain’s extra efforts to deal with the aftereffects of the sugar consumption.
Exercise: physical activity decreases the opportunity for depression. In fact, exercise energize the mind and the body
Relaxation techniques: massages, for example, relax the mind and body as well as meditation.
Acupuncture: the use of needles and herbs tend to focus on the part of the body which needs help dealing with depression.
Natural Supplements: Choline, Inositol, Potassium, Gingko, and others help the brain maintain adequate brain functions – always speak with your doctor about supplements and vitamins.
A Relaxing Bath Recipe 😛
1- Warm up the water in the tub as you always do and add a couple bags of lavender and chamomile tea.
2- Test the water to ensure it is to your likeness (I like my bath water very warm)
3- Slip into the tub and close your eyes
4- Rest for 5 minutes – do not think about what you need to do, just rest absent minded
5- Open your eyes
6- Close them again for another five minutes
7- Open your eyes
8- Close them until you decide it is time to get up
9- Rinse, dry off and massage your body with a sweet body lotion
10- You can listen to soft music or read while in the tub.
Lavender and Chamomile Tea are also good aids when seeking to rest the soul and body.
Well there it goes another posting and another day. Please keep reading as this is for free! Download our book, tell others about us and above all seek to be and try to be HEALTHY!!
Hey send me a note at
“Allow tea to calm down your restful soul and ease slowly into the gracious arms of a restful sleep.”
About the Author
I'm no doctor, but I love sharing from my vast knowledge on the power of foods and techniques that help you vastly improve your life in areas like physical health, sickness prevention, and emotional and spiritual balance. Read more about me...