An Early Christmas Gift: Cookies!
I say study your body!, listen closely, and make the best choice for your health.
3 cups brown rice flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon unrefined salt
1 sticks unsalted butter
½ maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Juice and zest from one organic lemon
15 blanched almonds cut in half
Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Sift the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl whisk together butter, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest and juice
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together
- Form small balls
- Placed on greased cookie sheet
- Place half of almond on each cookie
- Bake for 12 minutes until brown at edges
- Remove and cool off
Recipe makes 30 cookies
This recipe is courtesy of Rebecca Wood author of the Splendid Grain – excellent book!
Tip: Change to brown flour and honey instead of sugar this can help you in your quest for a better health and weight.
How’d they turn out?
Send me some test cookies if you need a second opinion… lol.
About the Author
I'm no doctor, but I love sharing from my vast knowledge on the power of foods and techniques that help you vastly improve your life in areas like physical health, sickness prevention, and emotional and spiritual balance. Read more about me...